Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HDTV help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    HDTV help

    looking for opinions on the best HD service for the Norton area. any help will be appreciated or just something better than the basic cable from comcast to get a better picture on my tv.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDTV help

    At this point anything other than Comcast because they don't have HD. DirecTV or Dish Network are both fine. Right now Dish has more HD programming but most of it is crap you don't watch. DirecTV is getting ready to launch more HD channels, so either way you go one of those two will do you just fine.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDTV help

    Direct TV is provisioning for more HD channels. Dish has more now (around 30).

    I went with Dish for the additonal HD and am glad I did. Dish's HD DVR is a good product (provided you give it adequate ventilation). I didn't think I would watch more than Food HD, the ESPN HD's and HBO HD, but I have found myself watching almost all of the HD nets.

    I don't really know if you can go wrong with either. Go to DBStalk.com and read up on both services.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDTV help

    I have had both Dish and Direct and loved both of them. I left Dish so I could go to Direct and get ABC, CBS, ABC, and FOX in HD so I could watch all the prime time TV shows in HD. As soon as I left they aqcuired the VOOM channels to boost their HD package but overall you can't go wrong with either because they will always battle back and forth to outdo each other.

    Hey Bob, does Dish offer any of the ABC, FOX, NBC, or CBS in HD right now. I know at the time I left them they didn't.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDTV help

    They offer HD networks in quite a few markets. Not this area though.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDTV help

    directv is a must.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •